The Infosound Audio Noticeboard
Of all the information that Infosound provides, we think that our Audio Noticeboard is often the most valuable - and we
don't choose what it's about! We encourage blind and partially-sighted people to phone-in with a comment, a hint or a
tip about living with sight loss; or maybe to share information they think other vision-impaired people may find helpful.
We also welcome those providing support, such as local sight loss charities and other support organisations, to phone-in and share news
of an event they are running or give information about a particular service they are offering blind and partially-sighted people in their area.
Audio Noticeboard items are featured throughout our 24/7 Infosound broadcast and the most recent postings can be heard individually
We want posting a message on the Audio Noticeboard is informal, unthreatening and easy; no one should feel they can't just call us,
whenever they like, and have their say. Below are a few guidelines, which we hope will help you to get your message across:
• Don't worry at all about making mistakes; if something goes wrong, just say it again - as many times as you like; we edit and
tidy-up all messages before anyone else hears them, but we will never add anything to your message.
• Remember, these are stand-alone messages; you can't mention anyone else's message since the listener may not have
heard what you are referring to. So, two-way conversations are obviously not possible via the Audio Noticeboard.
• Keep what you want to say fairly short (aim for no more than a minute) and on a single subject only.
• If you are giving information about an event or a service, try to briefly explain what it is, who can attend, where it is, when it is
and, if appropriate, travel arrangements and how much it costs.
• Unless not relevant, always give a contact phone number and/or email address so listeners can get more information or
• Try to phone in a quiet place without too much background noise. If phoning from home, turn off the radio or TV if playing in
• For reasons of technical quality, if you have access to a landline phone, please use it in preference to a mobile phone.
• Keep it conversational and informal. Remember, even though a fair number of people will hear your message, each person
is listening individually; you are not addressing a group or a crowd - you are only ever talking to one person at a time.
And to post your message on the Infosound Audio Noticeboard - at any time - just phone our standard-rate number:
• 03000 111 555,
• Select option 5,
• Record your message when prompted, after the tone, in your own time.
The Infosound Audio Noticeboard is, potentially, a very effective way of reaching a lot of people in one go; so please feel free to make
use of this free service whenever you like. Many thanks.